Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Establishing a Theme

This week's long post isn't going to be very long. I had planned to do a book review but my books didn't arrive in time for me to be able to finish reading and absorbing the information. So instead I'm going to write a few ideas about branding.

Is there something special about your products that you want people to associate with you? This can be a tough question. For me it was pretty easy, I make jewelry of cephalopods (squid, octopus, cuttlefish) and so I would love for people to think of me when they think of an octopus.

So once you've answered that question it can be used as a starting point for your branding efforts. We'll use the example of someone who makes bags with screenprinted daisies.

White, green, and yellow are colors associated with daises, you could tailor your website, banners, business cards to have that those colors.

Design your logo to have daisies working into it.

At craft shows have vases filled with fresh cut daisies.

Shrink down some of the designs from the screenprinting and have them made into rubber stamps. Rubber stamp them on your packaging, notecards, invoices, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love color themes and altho I have several fave palettes am always on the look out for more. I like to use Pantone books and now have discovered kuler.adobe.com as a resource as well as colourlovers

    great post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...