Monday, January 26, 2009

Time Savers

There's so much we have to do to run our businesses that ways to save some time are a big help. Here's a list of some of the ways I make chores go a little quicker:

1: Buy and print postage at home. Postal scales are pretty affordable and save lots of time, I bought the Escali Primo Digital Multifunctional Scale on Amazon for $25 and it will pay for itself quite quickly (also comes in lots of nice colors, I got the navy blue). If you print Priority Mail postage with Paypal you get delivery confirmation for free which is great if you're obsessive about tracking orders like I am.

2: Organize. Shipping is an easy one, have in one area boxes, tape, packing peanuts, labels, business cards, scale, etc. then when you pack orders it takes only a couple minutes. Keep everything you might need for billing, taxes, etc. together, a simple filing system is a big help.

3: Drive less. If you need to do some driving for deliveries or dropping packages off at the post office, combine them into one trip. Saves time and gas money.

4: Online banking and bill paying. Just about every bank now has online banking and bill paying services, take advantage of them.

5: Make a list. Write down what you want to accomplish in a day, if you can keep a schedule do that, I don't follow schedules well so a checklist of things I need to do in a day works to keep me from wasting time on things I don't need to do. I have to complete my list before I work on optional activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...