Monday, September 28, 2009

Quick Tip #14 - Custom Orders

Do you take customer orders? Do you make it clear in your shop or on your website that you do?

I've made an extra $250 this month on custom orders. They can be a great way to bring in some extra revenue for your business. In particular you can usually a little charge more for a custom order because of the extra time them take out of your usual creating time. So for this vodka drinking cuttlefish I charged an extra $10 over the usual cost of one of my standard cuttlefish for the customization of adding the tiny bottle that I had to make.

3 comments:

  1. Very good. I should make it clear on my blog that I do custom orders. I have recently started selling items directly from my blog. What is your thought on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something I guess I really hadn't thought about. Thanks for the tip. I will be doing some revamping to make it clear to my buyers that custom is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had two custom orders this month, one I designed from scratch. It was worth the effort. I liked the input of the seller into the creative process and will put a greater effort into promoting the custom order. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...