Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Imminent New Year



It's that time of year again. 2009 is nearly over and 2010 will be beginning. It's time to take stock of the old year and set goals for the new.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions, they're broken so often it's become a routine joke for late night comics. Personally I think the reason they don't work is because they tend to be vague, lose weight or be more cheerful. They aren't concrete and are hard to hold on to. Instead I think you should set specific goals with a timeframe for completing them.

So take a little time to think back on what you've done with your business this year. What worked? What failed? What would you do differently?

Taking those things into consideration, what goals do you have? One of my goals is to put out an art book this year of my work. It's a really big project so I'm breaking it down into small jobs. First is to decide on the layout, what publishing I'll go with, what photos I'll need, and some other research, I want that done by the end of January.

3 comments:

  1. i agree with you.. seems like resolutions are forgotten the minute the clock strikes 12mn on New Year's Eve... in 2010, i promise myself to work double time in advertising my printing business.. i already have all the equipment set-up just need some added push.. i will definitely try crowdsourcing method from a site i came across. Prova runs ad contests for business owners http://www.prova.fm/advertising/ .. wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to send you some encouragement with doing the art book. I too am wanting to put a book together but I'm giving myself one year from start to finish and I have broken it down into what goals I want to accomplish each month of the year.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree
    I was thinking about my resolutions for this year and realized they were the same last year. Loose weight exercise more. and work at making my card business more of an invitation business I am alittle farther along then I was last year but I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...