Monday, June 1, 2009

Silence is the Enemy

I had a post ready for today but I just read something so important that I'm postponing the regular post until tomorrow.

Sheril Kirshenbaum of the Intersection blog has started a campaign called Silence is the Enemy to bring attention to rape around the world. Along with several other bloggers, she's raising money for Doctors Without Borders to help them treat these women and children. Please go read the post and subscribe to her blog, she'll be writing more about the subject all month along with discussion of what we can do to help. There's also a facebook group you can join as well.

I've never been a victim of a sexual assault but I don't fool myself by believing it could never happen to me, I've known too many women that's it's happened to. I can't imagine what these victims, many of them children under 12 years old, must go through and I want to do what I can to help.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

    Interesting text. You have a nice blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...